Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Bill a the 'The Bill'

As everybody expected the rumors played out and Gary Patterson is the new head coach at Kansas State University...uh; well--wait a minute; what I mean is WELCOME BACK COACH BILL SNYDER! The wild ride we had talked about earlier has now settled a bit...although all the parking lot analysts will be breaking down this decision for quite some time. So are you one proclaiming a welcome to Coach Snyder with great vigor...or with a hint of skepticism...or maybe you think this is just downright wrong. Personally I was excited about the possibility for Patterson making his way back 'home'. But I have to say after hearing and seeing Bill Snyder back in position; I truly am getting more excited by the minute. The doubts are understandable...age, being away from the game to name a couple that are brought up immediately.
The things that are exciting to me:
-a coach that 'knows' how to win in the Big 12
-the task to deal with now is not even in the same ballpark as when he came in '88; they are miles ahead of where they were then
-the connections he has; don't you think the staff he puts together will be exciting!
-It Is COACH SNYDER...I just don't believe he will allow this not to be a successful move

Is this the right move? Well that is the 250,000 dollar question now isn't it.
As Coach Snyder would say when asked about a recruiting class and how good it is; "Ask me in four years"; we too will have to be patient and find the answers down the road.
I for one though am excited about the road we are on.

If I don't get the chance HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Rocky Downing

No comments: