Monday, October 27, 2008

The Aint's

Hey Everyone,
I have the opportunity to work with Donna Sullivan at the Riley Countian and every other week she gives me a chance to talk sports and we kind of cover just about anything and everything. I thought you might like to look at this week's editorial called 'The Aint's'.
We'll talk soon...

The Aint’s

Does the term “The Ain’ts” conjure up visions of a little black and gold? Maybe it’s Archie Manning trying to survive sack after sack or perhaps it brings visions of Mike Ditka in fake ‘dreads’ while supporting Ricky Williams (what in the world was he thinking?). For those who have been a fan of the NFL since the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and the 90’s I’m sure you can remember the trials and tribulations of this franchise. I can still remember vividly what looked like a stadium full of ‘Unknown Comics’ at New Orleans games with their favorite brown paper bags over their heads.
Well…sadly the brown paper bags are making their way down One Arrowhead Drive into the stadium that has not seen times like this before. Sure; the years of Bill Kenney may have been a bit thin; although he did make the Pro Bowl in ’83; but they are nothing like what Chiefs fans are experiencing right now. Now understand every Sunday; the Chiefs red comes out and it will continue; but as someone who has experienced Arrowhead at some of its highest times (by the way I can’t believe there could be any better atmosphere in all of sports); this is a very-very low moment. And there doesn’t appear to much relief in the near future…my Kingdom for a playoff run!
Since the Aint’s are taken; do we have other options?
The LEAFS…because we’re getting blown away
The THIEFS…because their stealing our passion
The GRIEFS...that should be self explanatory
Enjoy Your Sports Day.
Rocky Downing

2 comments:

Flip Kasper said...

It's the worst I've seen since I've been a fan! But, this is a test! We'll see who's still with them in a few years, after King Carl leaves and they get it back together! I know you and I will be!!

Rocky said...

Amen Flip!
Tyler Thigpen, Derrick Bowe...could be the start...I really believe that.